It’s just time. Time to do what we already know to do. It’s just that …say it – you know where I’m going with this. It’s just that SIMPLE! In order to be healthy we have to do what we already know to do. We don’t have to wait for one more report, study or coach. Just do it!
1. Drink water – at least 64 ounces a day. It’s a proven fact that it helps every system of your body. You know it. Just do it.
2. Eat smaller portions especially as we get older. Our metabolisms slow down and we don’t burn it off like we used to.
3. Eat real food. Don’t always choose the boxed, canned microwavable stuff!
4. Exercise. We all need it. Don’t tell me you don’t like it. I don’t either but find something you like or can at least tolerate. Walk, run, swim, hoola-hoop (I’m not kidding), lift weights but move at least 3 times weekly for 30 minutes.
5. Choose what activities you will be involved in besides your work, housekeeping and time with your spouse/children. Depending on your season of life there may not be time for multiple hobbies and classes etc. You have to choose what is most important to you and then stick to your decision. You can say no when asked to volunteer for the 3rd time this week! 🙂
6. Get some sleep. We all have different needs but on the average everyone needs 7-8 hours of sleep per night and there really isn’t anyway to get around that.
So which of these things that we all know we need to do is the hardest for YOU? Why? Share it! Maybe somebody has a helpful suggestion to make it easier for you.