What is a Treasure?
And the LORD has declared this day that
you are his people, his treasured possession
as he promised, and that you are to keep all
A Treasure is a person with a passion to serve God by using his/her special gift. Our “Treasures” are ready to commit some time to serving the Lord in a tangible way. The amount of time is up to the Treasure but we are here to help you use that time in the most productive way. We will hold you accountable to your goals and help you focus on the ministry the Lord has for you. This will help to deter half-hearted, tired ministry which often results in burn out and total withdrawal from service.
Questions before I start
Is everyone accepted as a Treasure?
The answer is no. While everyone is a treasure to God we are not all ready to be used outside our own family and church. It is our goal to help you determine what you are called to and if you are ready to fulfill that calling. We have a certification process to help with this decision. If it is determined that you are not currently ready we will suggest ways that we believe may help you to prepare for more ministry opportunities.
How am I evaluated?
The first step is to have a personal interview with one of our Treasure Hunters where you will have an opportunity to share your faith story. We will ask for references and also a signed statement that you agree with our statement of faith.
Can I be compensated?
YES! You determine what your fees are for your service rendered. Treasure Chest Ministries asks for 10% of your fees to enable us to continue connecting Treasures to needs. We are a not-for-profit ministry and therefore will not turn down any request for a Treasure solely based on lack of finances. Your 10% contribution will help to keep this ministry viable. If you choose not to charge for your services we may ask that a free will offering or donation be received on behalf of Treasure Chest Ministries.
Okay, I think I’m ready. What do I need to do?
- Where do you live? Currently we are focusing on ministry within 4 hours of Des Moines, Iowa. If you live outside of that area but are interested contact us to discuss this further.
- Please reflect on the following questions as you prayerfully consider becoming a Treasure.
- If when you went to bed tonight you were too excited to sleep because of something you were going to do for the Lord tomorrow, what would that be?
- Have you had the opportunity to do that before? What did that experience look like?
- If you have not had the opportunity to do this before, describe what you think the experience might look like?
- What do you believe the desires of God’s heart are for you?
- Contact us. Initially we will need your contact information and area of interest.
- If after prayerful consideration of all of these elements you are asked to become a certified Treasure with Treasure Chest Ministries you will need to sign an official agreement. This agreement delineates all responsibilities of Treasure Chest Ministries, Inc. and of the Treasure including but not limited to, the financial arrangements.