It’s Wednesday again – time to talk about living in wellness. I visited one of my favorite Nurse Practioners last week. Something she said really struck me. She said, “I always ask people about headaches and their bowel habits because there are so many people out there living with some level of discomfort that they think is “normal.” She assured me that living with discomfort more than 50% of your days is NOT necessary. So today I simply want to challenge you to take 5-10 minutes to evaluate your physical and mental health. Ask yourself a few questions and write down the answers.
1. Do you experience headaches on a regular basis?
2. Do you worry about “things” in your every day life?
3. Are those “things” on your mind to the point of a distraction?
4. Do you feel bloated?
5. Are you constipated? (or have diarrhea) frequently?
6. Do any of your joints hurt?
7. Are you off balance or dizzy frequently?
8. Are you constantly tired?
Add any questions you think of and then answer it honestly. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms on a regular basis it’s time to talk to a health provider. Check it out. You may be able to feel better with just a few lifestyle adjustments. Need some referrals? Let us know in the comment section of this blog and we’ll be glad to help you find reputable resources.